Digital Media Asia Focuses on Innovation
Digital Media Asia Focuses on Innovation
With 30 speakers from 15 countries, 19 companies exhibiting new media products and services, and more than 300 participants, Digital Media Asia will be the undisputed centre for news media innovation in the region later this month.
The event, to be held in Kuala Lumpur from 27 to 29 November, offers three, one-day conferences dedicated to critical themes for news media: online and social media; smart media and digital business innovations; and mobile and tablet publishing.
Participants can opt for attending one day or the entire event, and there is still time to join them: full details can be found at http://www.wan-ifra.org/dma
The conferences, expo and workshops, organised by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA), will also include the third edition of WAN-IFRA’s Asian Digital Media Awards, which recognize publishers who have best exploited digital media to meet the major changes in how people consume news and information today.
One look at the impressive array of presenters and subject shows why Digital Media Asia is Asia’s largest conference on new media. Speakers include:
- Robert Pickard, Director of the Reuters Media Institute, on “To charge or not to charge: The art of pricing,” a presentation on the strategic implications of what we now know about monetization and pay walls.
- Janny Paul, Founder & CEO of Zertopia and Chairman of Mobile Monday Malaysia, on “Interactive digital marketing,” which examines how media companies can respond to advertisers who increasingly ask for cutting-edge digital, experiential, promotional and social marketing solutions.
- Paul Lewis, Special Projects Editor of The Guardian, and Vincent Sider, Vice President for Social Media at BBC Worldwide, who will examine the social media strategies of their respective companies, two of the most successful innovators on social platforms.
- Mario Garcia, CEO, Garcia Media, USA on “App design and story-telling on tablets”.
- Tomas Bella, Co-founder and CEO of Piano Media, on “Cable TV subscription model adapted to news media,” which examines the value of having many companies sign up to a single-payment system.
- Lars Cosh-Ishii, Director of Mobikyo, on “Mobile in Tokyo - Your Future.. Today!”, which presents the latest innovations and inspiring models coming Japanese telecom operators, handset makers and applications and service providers.
- Jeongdo Hong, Executive Director of JoongAng Media Network, on “From mass media to smart media,” a keynote address that will show how successful media companies must review all their processes and create synergies across all media within their organizations.
- Moritz Wuttke, Managing Director, Asia for adstream Holdings, on “How to engage commuters with Mobile, iPad and Video content: A Hongkong bus starts a publishing business,” a case study for monetizing content during consumer’s valuable commuting time.
- Andreas Vogiatzakis, CEO of Omnicom Media Group, on “Digital advertising - 2016: Beyond the horizon,” a thought provoking presentation on the digital and mobile ad revolution.
- Rod Kenning, National Operations Manager for Polaris Media, on “Niche is beautiful: fast ROI with niche app,” which will examine how a small publishing house in Australia, with a limited niche audience - and an even more limited budget - made the leap from print to multi-platform publishing.
- Abdul Dayem, Production & Applications Development Manager for Dar-Alhayat, on “Extending reach with mobile editions,” which examines how this Middle East newspaper and magazine publisher operates from London and serves several markets and diaspora audiences.
- Plus many more! Full details at http://www.wan-ifra.org/dma
WAN-IFRA, based in Paris, France, and Darmstadt, Germany, with subsidiaries in Singapore, India, Spain, France and Sweden, is the global organisation of the world’s newspapers and news publishers. It represents more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. Its core mission is to defend and promote press freedom, quality journalism and editorial integrity and the development of prosperous businesses.
Learn more about WAN-IFRA at http://www.wan-ifra.org or through the WAN-IFRA Magazine at http://www.wan-ifra.org/magazine
Inquiries to: Larry Kilman, Deputy CEO and Director of Communications and Public Affairs, WAN-IFRA, 96 bis, rue Beaubourg, 75003 Paris France. Tel: +33 1 47 42 85 07. Fax: +33 1 42 78 92 33. Mobile: +33 6 10 28 97 36. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org