World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Debate continues over the lowering of publication standards within mainstream media newsrooms, as coverage of the MH17 catastrophe and the war in Gaza are illustrated by shockingly graphic images. Is the creeping influence of social media...
Marcos Foglia is Argentina's digital whizz-kid at Artear, Clarín's TV enterprise, and he has news for the media industry: “Traditional companies have to give power to the digital arena.” If they don’t do so now, he warns, it will be very...
“You barely think of video as a separate thing anymore, it’s just a way of telling a story,” incoming Editor-in-Chief of TheGuardian.com,...
Digital megastories are heading back to the future with a growing trend in interactive online reports inspired by historical data. Sydney Pead reports on the most recent retrospective...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.