World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Emily Bell's outstanding speech to the Reuters Institute last week stirred many plaudits, but also some reservations, among media commentators. Editors Weblog editor, Julie Posetti curates the reactions and shares her own.
Last Friday, Emily Bell, Director at the TOW Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School, delivered what the World Editors Forum believes to be the year's most definitive speech on the future of journalism...
The potential of chat apps, brand extension at The New York Times, youth innovation and mobile storytelling were the key themes at WAN-IFRA's Digital Media Asia event ...
Recently launched Russia Today UK had half a million viewers in its first week of broadcasting U.K. specific content. And RT UK has nearly double...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.