World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
The recent murder of a Mexican citizen journalist reporting on cartel activity via social media has reignited debates surrounding violence against journalists. Alice Matthews...
These days a number of senior journalists in Pakistan, including some editors, travel only in armour-plated bulletproof vehicles. In some cases they have armed security escorts. Zaffar Abbas, Editor of Pakistan's...
The United Nations has designated the 2nd November as the ‘International Day to End...
Journalism operations are unduly heavily focused on distributing and monetizing content. They thus are neglecting a potentially lucrative business opportunity: creating and selling software for gathering and analyzing information.
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.