World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- U.S. says online ads should be clearly marked, undeceptive by reuters
- Canada: Study shows newspapers drive purchase decisions by inma
- Australia: Fairfax Media focuses on usage trends to mold smartphone strategy by inma
- ‘Identity Crisis’ in Photojournalism by ajr
- UK: Scottish daily increases cover price by a third by holdthefrontpage
- UK: Weekly publication day moved after sister title launched by holdthefrontpage
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Until the devastating typhoon Haiyan, another story has dominated the Filipino news flow this year: the “pork barrel” scandal. The leading Manila daily, The Philippine Daily Inquirer, is responsible for breaking this news story that will change the country forever, and that has seen tens of...
“You have to try a lot harder if you’re a journalist… It’s no longer where you went to school or what degrees you have. It is your skill,” Mathew Ingram, a senior writer with Gigaom, told participants at the School of Journalism at Sciences-Po in...
In a move that seems counter-intuitive to recent magazine trends, Newsweek will be...
Giannina Segnini recently won this year’s Gabriel García Márquez Award for “Excellence in Journalism” after she used technological advancements to expose corruption in Costa Rica and beyond.
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 10:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 10:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 15:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 11:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors