World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Australian journalists reporting on terrorism could risk imprisonment under a suite of new national security laws and policies proposed by Prime Minister Tony Abbott's government, and now backed by a key parliamentary committee. The legislation, which appears increasingly...
It’s still the most talked about story in South Africa - the trial of Oscar Pistorius has been the country’s biggest judicial moment of the century. It’s also been their biggest social media moment, marking a turning point in the way local...
Alison Gow is a journalist and blogger who has worked in the UK regional press for more than 20 years. As former editor of Wales on Sunday and the Daily Post, and now...
Even as a shaky ceasefire holds, the Ukrainian conflict remains a dangerous assignment for Russian journalists – both on the frontline, and on the homefront. “Apparently even the fact that Russia's waging a war is a taboo now. At least for regional media, that cannot hire bodyguards for the...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.