World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Digital megastories are heading back to the future with a growing trend in interactive online reports inspired by historical data. Sydney Pead reports on the most recent retrospective...
“The new blood [in our newsroom] is coming from the J-schools in the US. We almost exclusively hire J-school graduates.” That was the encouraging message for journalism students from Editor in Chief of USA Today,...
Who is your audience? Is your content actually reaching your audiences? How are they engaging with your content? And what impact is your journalism really having? These are the questions individual journalists are now being encouraged to respond to as newsrooms realise that stories no longer end...
Amid growing calls for US and UK regulators to launch formal investigations into Facebook's disturbing mood manipulation research, leading US media scholar Jay Rosen has a reminder for journalists,...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.