World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
"Local police confirm there is an active shooter situation in a shopping centre... User-generated content is going to be the only source of content before your crews can get there. A producer identifies someone in the shopping centre. You can see that they have a good vantage point because...
The Director of WAN-IFRA's Newsplex Training Centre at the University of South Carolina, Randy Covington, was detained by the Russian Government last week while...
More than half the world's adult population reads a daily newspaper, and while digital is growing, newspaper companies still receive a large majority of their global revenue from their print versions, according to the...
In the US and Europe, mobile growth is rapidly outstripping desktop. So why is it so often still a silo in the newroom? The New York Times and Aftonbladet have taken two very different approaches to solving this.
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.