World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- USA: Sacramento Bee began mobile revenue strategy with car dealers, expanded to other advertisers by inma
- Circa would like you to know that it’s about more than just short news hits — it’s about building long-form stories over time by gigaom
- USA: Why so many digital publishers are flocking back to print by digiday
- Trevor Fellows and Raju Narisetti on Custom Content [Wall Street Journal] by dowjones
- USA: As Newspaper Revenues Decline, Print Media Stocks Rise by mashable
- USA: Boston Sunday Globe launches two new opinion pages by bostonglobemediapr
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Eric Fottorino, former director of Le Monde is to launch a new weekly news magazine called Le 1 (The One), AFP has reported. The “weekly of ideas” will deal with just one theme, tackled from a variety of different angles, a combination of...
A fresh Dutch start-up has managed to unite the Netherlands' newspapers behind a single paywall, scheduled to launch in April. It hopes to become the iTunes of online media. But...
"Women must make themselves visible. The media is about visibility. If they take a back seat, nobody will know that they are there. They should be more assertive," Botswana newspaper publisher Beata Kasale told WAN-IFRA to mark...
New app Peekster could break the disconnect between social and print media that newspapers are hobbled by: “it will stop 'splitting' and start 'joining,'" asserts co-founder of the company, Tine Hamler.
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 10:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 10:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 15:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 11:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors