World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- Infogr.am to launch video creation tool for data visualisations by journalism
- Three simple Google tools journalists can adopt to draw traffic by poynter
- Why Websites Are to News What Compact Discs Were to Music by huffingtonpost
- American Journalism Review is Back and All Online by mediabistro
- UK: Tech City News launches print magazine by journalism
- UK: Editor’s blog: Why Post closure may be an isolated case by holdthefrontpage
Latest from the Editors Weblog
This week, The Huffington Post put into place a new commenting policy that requires each commenter to create an account linked to a verified Facebook profile.
Media representatives have sent a letter to leaders of the Free Syrian Army, calling for an end to the brutal treatment of journalists covering the country’s civil war.
University newspapers serve two functions: to inform and educate students, and to train future journalists. However, with these publications facing the same uncertain future as other print media, the hallowed institution of student reporting could become an endangered species as revenue...
In an era where intense competition for readers means getting out any and all content you can as fast as possible, fact checking seems to have become a secondary priority for some news organizations.
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 10:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 10:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 15:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 11:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors