World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
November 2nd is the first United Nations International Day to...
The recent murder of a Mexican citizen journalist who used social media to report on cartel activity has highighted new dimensions in the killing of journalists with impunity: the exploitation of online virality by perpetrators, and the increasing risk posed to sources who '...
When Kenya’s First Lady stormed the newsroom of the country’s largest media house nine years ago and tried to slap a journalist, various questions were asked about her sense of decorum and the powers of the president’s family. Less prominent in the public discussion was a question which...
These days a number of senior journalists in Pakistan, including some editors, travel only in armour-plated bulletproof vehicles. In some cases they have armed security escorts. Zaffar Abbas, Editor of Pakistan's...
The United Nations has designated the 2nd November as the ‘International Day to End...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.