World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- UK: Salford Star website moves back into print with launch of quarterly magazine by pressgazette
- UK: Pete Picton lands Trinity Mirror digital post by theguardian
- German publishers start legal action against Google over news snippets by pcworld
- USA: AJC editor: ‘I can’t have people stuck on beats’ without audiences by poynter
- Nearly 40% of Execs Pay for Digital News by emarketer
- USA: Daily News set for newsstand price hike by capitalnewyork
Latest from the Editors Weblog
More than half the world's adult population reads a daily newspaper, and while digital is growing, newspaper companies still receive a large majority of their global revenue from their print versions, according to the...
In the US and Europe, mobile growth is rapidly outstripping desktop. So why is it so often still a silo in the newroom? The New York Times and Aftonbladet have taken two very different approaches to solving this.
The 24-hour TV news service of the Australian national public broadcaster, ABC News 24 was taken off air temporarily on Tuesday morning, after an widespread email attack that signalled a wake-up call for news publishers...
Every year, thousands of young southern Europeans pack up and leave their native Spain, Portugal, Greece or Italy. They change nation-state in search of new jobs and opportunities. The process is made easier by their countries’ status as parties to the ...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.