World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- They may be filled with trolls, but comments still have value — and they could have even more by gigaom
- The new normal among Canadian media brands: innovation by inma
- USA: The Upshot vs. Vox vs. FiveThirtyEight: A hands-on review of explanatory journalism by gigaom
- USA: Boston Globe explores sale of headquarters by poynter
- USA: OC Register strikes content-sharing deal with news nonprofit by poynter
- Forbes to launch Forbes Philippines by inpublishing
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Denmark’s Berlingske will launch “Kids’ News” on Friday, the latest addition to a growing global array of a new kind of profit-seeking print children’s editions that appeal to tech-weary families.
I met the-then 84 year-old U Win Tin at the end of May 2013, having been sent on a special mission to Myanmar to deliver WAN-IFRA's Golden Pen of Freedom - a prize he’d won twelve years previously, but never had the opportunity to collect. At the time of being named WAN-IFRA’s press freedom hero...
Having a strong set of ethical standards is important for every news organisation, but while there are certain fundamentals most people would probably agree on, "no one ethics code can satisfy every news organisation, startup, blogger and individual journalist,"...
"This is why we’re turning the page on hate speech in Africa and we want to ensure the role of media and journalists in saying never again." A two day conference - Turning the Page of Hate Media Dialogue - has been staged in Rwanda to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the...
With print circulations plummeting and most organisations looking to digital, a new daily newspaper has arrived on Los Angeles newsstands...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 11:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 11:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 16:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 12:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors