World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- One Man and His Shed - U Win Tin, a prominent Burmese editor, died at the age of 85 by wan-ifra
- UK: Press victims' letter tells Rupert Murdoch of 'regret' over regulation by theguardian
- Kids' News: The brainchild of Danish junior journalists by wan-ifra
- A print ad that surprises—is it 3D? by garciamedia
- USA: Felix Salmon is leaving Reuters for the Fusion network because the future of media is “post text” by gigaom
- USA: UMSL Will Save The Current Newspaper After Student Committee Slashes Funding by riverfronttimes
Latest from the Editors Weblog
Denmark’s Berlingske will launch “Kids’ News” on Friday, the latest addition to a growing global array of a new kind of profit-seeking print children’s editions that appeal to tech-weary families.
I met the-then 84 year-old U Win Tin at the end of May 2013, having been sent on a special mission to Myanmar to deliver WAN-IFRA's Golden Pen of Freedom - a prize he’d won twelve years previously, but never had the opportunity to collect. At the time of being named WAN-IFRA’s press freedom hero...
Having a strong set of ethical standards is important for every news organisation, but while there are certain fundamentals most people would probably agree on, "no one ethics code can satisfy every news organisation, startup, blogger and individual journalist,"...
"This is why we’re turning the page on hate speech in Africa and we want to ensure the role of media and journalists in saying never again." A two day conference - Turning the Page of Hate Media Dialogue - has been staged in Rwanda to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the...
With print circulations plummeting and most organisations looking to digital, a new daily newspaper has arrived on Los Angeles newsstands...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 11:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 11:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 16:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 12:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors