World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- Germany: Axel Springer on lookout for takeovers in digital field by reuters
- USA: GateHouse, New Media make first acquisition by newsandtech
- Canada: Mayor Rob Ford not the only reason for stable Q4 profit: Toronto Star publisher by canadianbusiness
- USA: Time.com website redesign: ‘There’s a lot of text, and that’s intentional’ by poynter
- USA: Reuters Launches New Video Service by netnewscheck
- USA: New Newsweek Taps Slovakian Paywall Gurus for an Ambitious Relaunch by businessweek
Latest from the Editors Weblog
"Women must make themselves visible. The media is about visibility. If they take a back seat, nobody will know that they are there. They should be more assertive," Botswana newspaper publisher Beata Kasale told WAN-IFRA to mark...
Live tweeting court cases is now the business of mainstream journalism in many countries. And the Oscar Pistorius trial in South Africa is no exception. But what can we learn about journalistic Twitter practice from analysing the feeds of reporters embedded in the Pretoria court room? ...
Livestreaming industry leader Ustream has revealed to WAN-IFRA that it has supported three user groups in Ukraine to the tune of $900,000, with three of its most popular channels achieving approximately...
"Journalistic integrity can flourish or suffocate under any of the major business models," Bill Keller writes in an exclusive post for the Editors Weblog. Here he assesses the implications for philanthropic journalism of the recent Greenwald-Ames spat. Keller...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 10:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 10:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 15:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 11:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors