World Editors Forum
From the SFN Executive News Service
- Australia: New premises for the Illawarra Mercury by thenewspaperworks
- Australia: Digital heads strong growth for newspaper media by thenewspaperworks
- Australia/New Zealand: ANZ launches into editorial space by thenewspaperworks
- Australia: New digital players climb up Nielsen rankings by thenewspaperworks
- UK: Telegraph launches polo channel by inpublishing
- UK: Free daily newspapers by inpublishing
Latest from the Editors Weblog
With print circulations plummeting and most organisations looking to digital, a new daily newspaper has arrived on Los Angeles newsstands...
The Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School has released a multimedia report titled “Video Now: The Form, Cost and Effect of Video Journalism...
“The Palestinian media portray stereotypes of women as sisters, daughters and wives of a male hero, or we are the victims who cry and weep after the death of a beloved one or over a demolished house.” To challenge such stereotypes, Wafa’ Abdel Rahman decided to launch NAWA, a...
From the heart of Russia’s media world, Editor-in-Chief of Komsomolskaya Pravda, Vladimir Sungorkin* has offered the Editors Weblog an exclusive perspective on the impact of the Crimean crisis on contemporary...
The debate over paywalls, freemium and online subscriptions continues to rage as publications try to find the best way to monetise their product. Amidst it all, a German start-up has quietly been developing what they think could be the solution -...
The Golden Pen of Freedom is WAN-IFRA's annual award recognising individuals or organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the defence and promotion of press freedom.
- 2013-06-06 11:15 - SFN Report: Trends in Newsrooms 2013, supported by Protecmedia
- 2012-07-16 11:02 - Open Journalism report
- 2011-04-07 16:05 - WEPP: Sponsor an editor
- 2011-04-07 12:38 - Feedback from former WEPP sponsored editors