14th International Newsroom Summit
Introduction to Event
The International Newsroom Summit 2016 will take place end of November in London as a 3 day event featuring Tech &Tools, Mobile News and Video. Stay tuned for more detailed information coming soon.
Smart solutions for mid-sized, small and regional newsrooms
Are you optimizing your news resources?
Powerful forces are affecting the health of newsrooms in 2015. On the positive side: there is a growing pool of smart, digitally minded journalists, comfortable with rapidly changing newsroom technology. They are changing the rules as they experiment with journalism for an audience that is increasingly mobile-focused. On the negative side the pressure on costs is unabated and competition is fierce and disruptive.
Responses have been to shrink, integrate – across platforms, across brands, across boundaries - and collaborate. If successful, this frees up journalists to produce good content. If unsuccessful, it can lead to a credibility and brand collapse.
One day at the International Newsroom Summit in Hamburg on 5 October will help you:
• Weigh up and balance the demand for live and deep coverage
• Identify and set areas of editorial emphasis
• Build a sustainable, integrated, multi-brand newsroom.
You will see how:
• Editorial design is being reinvigorated by online and mobile technology
• To find relevant news, faster
• New generation newrooms are being organized and how copy flows across platforms
• New roles in the newsroom are making a difference.
The Newsroom Summit is part of the World Publishing Expo. We have special Executive Passes that will allow you to attend the Mobile News Summit on Tuesday 6 October and special workshops on Wednesday 7 October. To register, go here.
If you have a case study, tool or process that might be worth sharing, please contact Cherilyn Ireton.
Did you miss last year's conference? Check out the 2014 programme!
Date and Location
05 Oct 2015HamburgGermany