Board members represent different regions like Asia, the Nordic, Central and South-Eastern European Countries as well as the United Kingdom.
Members of the WPF Board in alphabetic order are:
- Anu Ahola, Senior Vice President, News & Retail, UPM Paper ENA, Helsinki/Augsburg, Finland/Germany
- Dieter Betzmeier, Member of the Board of Directors, manroland web systems, Augsburg, Germany
- Andreas Gierth, Director of Production, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Sanat Hazra, Technical Director, Bennett, Coleman & Co (The Times of India Group), Mumbai, India
- Dr. Michael Hirthammer, GM, Dir. Global Paste Tech. Screen & Ind., Sun Chemical, Eurolab, Karlstein, Germany
- Menno Jansen, Chairman Q.I. Press Controls BV, EAE, Oosterhout, Netherlands
- Herbert Kaiser, Senior Mgr., Prod. & Project Mgmt., KBA-Digital & Web Solutions, Würzburg, Germany
- Jan Kasten, Managing Director, ppi Media GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
- Josef Konrad Schießl, Managing Director, Süddeutscher Verlag Zeitungsdruck, Munich, Germany
- Peder Schumacher, CEO, V-TAB AB, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Mujo Selimović, Publisher “Oslobodjenje” newspaper, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Dr. Rick Stunt, Group Paper Director, dmg-media, London, UK
During its meeting on 21 February 2017 the Board unanimously elected Rick Stunt as its Chairperson and Herbert Kaiser as its Vice-Chair for the second term of two years.
The Board reviewed the work of the WPF since October 2016, discussed the World Press Trends and the developments in certain markets and technologies. It decided about new projects, the WPF Conference 2017 and the activities in conjunction with IFRA Expo in October this year.
The minutes and attachments to the minutes are available for download below.