As part of the World Association of Newpapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) we have a global network of more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies.
You can chose to join the World Editors Forum as an individual member, or through your company’s membership of WAN-IFRA. Join now, or contact us for more information.
By joining the World Editors Forum, you will be commiting to our mission of promoting editorial excellence and defending press freedom. You will also be joining an organisation at the forefront of digital change. Membership will give you access to information, ideas and intelligence to help steer your newsroom into the future with confidence.
Through our networks and activities we identify newsroom innovation, the latest trends, tools and best practice. Intelligence and insights on digital advancements are shared through our daily blog, networking events, conferences, research, and study tours.
As a WEF member you will receive:
- Up to 30% off annual editorial conferences including
- the International Newsroom Summit and
- the World Editors Forum
- Up to 25% off study tours to some of the world’s leading newsrooms
- Free access to Trends in Newsrooms, the annual research into newsroom practices
- Free access to topical research reports e.g. the study on Open Journalism
- Access to the daily Editors Weblog and social networks which connect thousands of likeminded professionals
- The daily Executive News Service email which links to industry headlines around the world.
COST OF MEMBERSHIP
Individual membership fees are €750 a year.
Membership via WAN-IFRA membership: The first five editors nominated by publishing houses that are paying members of WAN-IFRA can join at no additional cost. Any additional editors from the group can join at €250 a year.
If you are the editor of a small or marginal newspaper, in a developing market, and would like to join please do not be put off by this fee. We want your membership and will negotiate an annual rate that is appropriate to your circumstances. Sign up HERE as an individual member, giving your contact details and a short explanation of your circumstances we will be in touch to discuss membership.